Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bewildered

No new pictures so here is an old one. He was 3 1/2 months old.

Caden is doing all kinds of cute things. Today we played "Wake Up!"...basically I cuddle up w/ his blanket on the floor and snore...if he touches me in any way I wake up and say "OHHH you woke me up!!!" He would gently push me back down so I would go to sleep again. He would rub my head to wake me up, or climb on me. It was great fun until he wacked me on the back w/ a hard plastic toy. It startled me so much I yelled "OWW" and told him "don't hit mommy...be gentle." but he was already upset from my yelling and he laid down on the floor and cried w/ this face that was just miserable. At least he didn't laugh when I said "ow" like he usually does...maybe he caught on that it hurt me.

Another thing he gets a kick out of is to play the messages on the answer machine. He can climb on to the stool at the island so fast...that is how he gets to the phone. Well...I deleted the messages and then it would say "No messages." He started say "Nooooo?" back to it so I decided record a message for him. Then Trevor did...then Grandma & Papa. He loves it! So if you want to leave a message for Caden you are welcome to.

I put Caden in the daycare at the YMCA...I had a few minutes to spare so I watched him through the window. He walked over by this other tottler that was probably younger and much smaller (he was walking good). This tot pushed him over and Caden landed on his behind. I thought Caden might cry but he just looked at this boy with eyes full of confusion. Then the boy took his fingers out of his mouth and grabbed a handful of Cadens hair...his hair was then sticking up...still he didn't cry but his face was even more bewildered! I guess Caden still didn't do what this little guy wanted so he poked him in the eye. Maybe Caden make a noise of some sort because this is when the babysitter took notice. I was laughing because it didn't even occur to Caden to hit him back...he was much bigger than the other kid. He really is a sweetie under his activeness. He looked so cute sitting on the floor with his hair sticking up and that face! I wish I had gotten a picture. It's good for Caden to be around other children.

2 comments:

Dan Seiler Family said...

Wow! That's great that Caden is such a nice boy! Jacob is generally the one pushing and hitting when he's around other kids...we're working on it though:) They each have their own personalities!

Dayna said...

Well, I didn't see what he did the rest of the time :oD Now if I could only get him to sit still in meeting...