Friday, December 28, 2007

Care Package

Pine trees make the snow so pretty...or is it the other way around.




Today we got a box from my mom full of goodies :oD There was candy, toys for Caden, a sewing box for me, a snow man table cloth, candle set, some things we forgot at her place last time we were there and a small library of books. Caden had a good ol' time helping me unpack it. I feels really good to be cared for. I guess once a mom always a mom. I just hope that I'm as good of a mom that my mom is.

Our anniversary evening went great. The take out and home made brownies (Trevor helped!) were yummy. We played Life. Trevor won by about $200,000...if he wouldn't of sued me 3 times I would of won! But I had more kids than him w/ my handsome blue peg of a husband (Roger)...first a boy, Connor Lonnor, than a girl, Maire Cherie than adopted twins Cookie and Wookie (don't ask their middle names it's really silly). He was really boring and named his wife Dayna and his boy Caden. We're going out tonight. Sue is watching Caden. Maybe we'll go bowling and Trevor will beat me. Thank goodness I learned a long time ago to laugh at myself when I play games and not to be a sore loser...it has served me well in my marriage.

Caden is being his adorable self. He fell asleep in the car yesterday. I left the car running so it wouldn't wake him up. Careful undid the car seat and oh so slowing moved my hand under his neck and the other arm under his knees. Very very carefully started to lift him up and his arm got caught on a strap and he woke up crying. Of course he didn't take a very good nap after that...he was already refreshed from his little (emphasis on little) snooze in the car. He so cute when he sleeping.

He's saying "no" more and more. Trevor got really exited when Caden told him no last night. He learned a new word and you can really tell he knows what it means instead of just repeating it. Maybe this weekend when he gets told "no, no, no, no, no, no, no" about 100 times he won't be as excited about this particular vocabulary development.

I wonder how much Caden thinks about Trev & I. I mean I know that he looks to us for his approval. I've been trying to teach him that when he accidentally whacks me w/ a toy that it hurts me. I say "oww" and act really hurt. I wonder if he understands that. If I could only get in his mind.

No comments: