Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Baby? Puppy?

Caden either calls himself baby or puppy (but he also calls his puppy "puppy"). So here are two videos that demonstrate the difficulties of understanding a 16 month old.

There are certain words that just mean alot of different things. "Baba" means bottle, up up & bye bye.

Yesterday Caden & I went to story time at the library. That was fun and we got some books to take home too. I tried something this morning that I've been meaning to do for a long time. That is including Caden in on my "quite time." I managed to read about 12 verses in Mark (some out loud) before I gave up. The library books helped.

Sunday we had Gary, Sue, Megan & Brook over for lunch and they stayed until dinner (I love it when that happens). That was a ton of fun. We played Life and there was more than just me getting after Trevor for his slightly annoying game playing ways...that was nice :oD. They wouldn't let Trev read the squares ahead of him and try to spin a certain number to land on the one he wants to. Sue won. She was a doctor. Gary got Caden up from his nap and Caden cuddled w/ him for a while. It was cute.

The bad news in my adventure w/ Caden is that he has diaper rash. I have to cut out citrus again. Too bad he loves it. Note to parents w/ kids in diapers: Bordeaux's Butt Paste is the best. It clears up the rash just as well or better than anything on the market (that I've found anyway) but the bonus is that it spreads easy (nice on tender skin) and it wipes off your hands easy (nice when you have to finish putting on the diaper). I think I get some for Alyssa as part of a shower gift.

BY THE WAY: I changed the settings so anyone can comment, not just those w/ a google account. So comment away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, the beginning sounded more like a lil piggy! So darn cute!