Thursday, January 3, 2008

Cubby Cheeks



I don't have a new picture today so here is a old one. The was taken about a year ago. Caden was at his chubbiest stage ever!



Oy! Holidays are over so it back to just me & Caden at home. Not that I'm complaining. This is a privilege. I heard some where that a having burden can be a privilege. That's a stay at home mom for ya! I needed to go to town today and by time I got around to taking a shower Caden was awake. So the only way to get ready and take care of Caden is to take him w/ me every where. So we took a shower together than brushed our teeth together. We did our hair together (not really needed for Caden but it makes him feel that he gets to do what mommy does). Even swiped his under arms w/ the deodorant (with the cap on) and put some chap stick on him lips (he tried to lick it).


We met Trevor for lunch and the best Pastie shop ever. The owners share my belief that pasties are a great vehicle for all kinds of flavors...not just beef, potato and rutabaga (tho they had those too). Trev got a bacon cheese burger and I got a chicken,potato, peas and carrots w/ whole wheat crust. They sell them frozen too. I got a southwest chicken that I'm looking forward too. http://www.ilovepasties.com/ You can have them shipped nation wide in the winter and to the some areas year round...if you are hankering for a pastie.


Since lunch was so quick Trev stayed in the car while I ran in to Golden Harvest (natural food store that has the best bakery in it ever). I got a oat/flax loaf that was still warm. This is the BEST bread...yes even better than Grandma's home made bread. The texture and taste are perfect and they use all whole wheat flour. At $3 a loaf it's not worth it to make at home. Then to Aldi's. Caden drove the car (sat in the driver seat in the PARKED car) w/ Trevor while I went in. According to Trev they went to Mexico and back. This was so nice to do a quick shopping trip w/o Caden but not sacrifice family time on Saturday's.


I still had to do another errand w/ Caden so I still had to do some chasing. The worst tho is by time I get home he is CRANKY and I have to unload the car and him. I decided to let him run around outside while I carried things in. He picked up some snow with his bare hands and then looked at me with tears welling up in his eyes and his hands out in front of him as if to say "my hands are cold and I don't know why." So I dropped my bags and scooped him up. Then I made the mistake of trying to get the last load of groceries while carrying him. Things started to slip and a frozen pizza box corner hit him in his face. Well now I had to get him ready for his nap while he was sobbing. Get the coat and boots off (never mind by boots...too urgent...so snow is all over the place), scramble around for a blankie to calm him down, make a bottle, change his diaper and clothes (they got wet). Had to take the bottle away while I put a new shirt on and the crying starts up again. Finally I get him in bed and he is staring at his hands...I realize they are still cold so I try to rub them but I guess they were too cold for that and it hurt. So I hold them in my hands a blow hot breath on them...that made him giggle and hyped him up. I walked out and he started wailing. Trev gave him some tea over lunch w/o realizing it had caffeine in it so I was worried he wouldn't go to sleep but he settled down and I came down here to write this and relax after the mad dash.


My goal today is to get the dishes done. Our dishes system needs some tweaking! We take turns doing dishes. If one of us doesn't feel like doing them...fine...but then you have to do them the next day when there is twice as many (kind of incentive to get them done when there isn't many) Well...I do the dishes then it is Trevor's turn. They don't get done for a couple of days and i think "fine...if he wants to procrastinate he'll have to do more dishes." (we are both so stubborn) So on day 3 or 4 he says "Are the dishes piling up b/c it's my turn" Oops...he didn't even know it was his turn. The first time this happened I helped him w/ the dishes so it would go by faster. Then it was my turn again...seems a little unfair but oh well. I'm feeling bad now b/c I didn't learn my lesson and inform him that it was his turn and now they are a big pile again so I rented a DVD and am going to set up our DVD player on the window sill and take his turn for him. That's the only way I can do them w/o going crazy when we get this behind. So now it's me procrastinating.


No comments: