Friday, January 4, 2008

I'm OLD!!


Last night Trev and I were talking about right after Caden was born. They took Caden away from me b/c of meconium (his first poo) in the amniotic fluid. They had to suction out his lungs. I couldn't get up b/c of the epidural. So anyway, Trev went over to Caden and (this is the part I have never heard before last night) petted his head b/c it was the out of the way of the nurses and blocked light from his eyes. At was then that Trev bonded w/ Caden and it really sunk in that he was our to love and take care of (tears welling up here). He still likes he head petted.


I took the "real age" test to see if I'm killing myself slowly or not (http://www.realage.com/). Well I guess I am b/c it says my real age is 28! I don't smoke or drink. My family history is good...my BMI is dandy! But since I don't exercise weekly (they didn't ask monthly so I had to put 0 for weekly) and I drive a little fast I'm tacking years on to my life! Oh and they only ask if I eat fish...I said no, but they didn't ask about any other sources of omega-3s. I take a flax seed oil pill every day. The stress of the move has aged me apparently but my "...social support network (family, friends, religious and group participation) however is excellent." So thank you every one for not bumping my "real age" in to the thirties. On that note...I did some yoga today and made some whole wheat/lowfat phyllo dough to put on my pot pie for dinner (w/ red meat for the second time this week so just start digging my grave now).


Caden is getting better at knowing body parts. He knows how to locate and say nose, ears, belly, belly button (tho he doesn't say it often) and kneeeeee. He helped me w/ my phyllo dough today. I gave him a little ball of dough and he got a kick out of that. At lunch today when I opened my eyes from giving thanks, Caden was holding his hands babbling. Trev and I hold hands while we give thanks so he was imitating us. So I grabbed his hand and held it while I gave another quick prayer...he babbled along w/ me. :oD
We (I) sing a song together to the tune of "Where is Thumbkin". Walking walking hop hop hop run run run run run run run run run run run run turn a round (clap) turn a round (clap). Of course we do this while going around the ottoman and so far he'll do the running and the turning around w/ me. One time he turned right in to the mirror that we have leaning against the wall. He saw himself and said "BABY" and gave himself a kiss. That kept him occupied for a while.


Later:

I took the "real age" test that just focused on food (very detailed) and I am 23.2 years :oD I may of been a bit optimistic on it though...maybe I should keep a food journal...I probably won't knowing me...I'm gonna go upstairs and have some low fat yogurt w/ muesli!
Later still:
The phyllo dough didn't quite turn out but wasn't a flop either. I don't think I got the dough thin enough...maybe I should try w/ white flour to get the hang of it.

No comments: