Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Puppy Slippers

These are Caden's new puppy slippers. Trev put them on Mary (15 months) who is much smaller than Caden (we put there feet together and her feet are about 1 1/2 shorter than Caden's) She looked so cute w/ her stripped tights on and than puppy slippers. She's a new walker so the tottle with the big (looking) feet was adorable. She loved them so much that she slept in them.

We invited ourselves to Ruth & Rowe's for New Year's eve and I'm glad we did. It was so much fun! I bought alcohol free sparkling wine (bubbly as Ruth called it) and the kids got a kick out of the cork POP! Ruth made a nice dinner. Both babies went down really early (5:45) and Emily (3 years) requested to go to bed I think around 8 or 9. Only Jake (5 years) tried to stay up...most to watch the adults get goofy playing Phase 10. He made it to about 10pm. It was the longest Phase 10 game I've ever played. Even if we weren't planning on staying up until midnight the game took so long we would of anyway. Lot's of laughs. Trevor teased me that there was Vitamin Mean in my drink because of my ruthless use of the skip card and my refusal to use it on myself (no one else was). Phase 4, 5 & 6 are where you have to get a run of 7 than 8 than 9. When I made it to Phase 7 I said "I'm glad I'm done with the runs." Big laughs there and many many jokes to follow as we got giddier. I asked if we could stay the night because it was late and Caden was asleep. They are so welcoming.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Hey my puppy girl. I'm sure enjoying reading (Adventures W/ Caden) He's learning so much, I'm missing soooooo much. Give Caden a big hug and kiss from grandma.
Love, Mom xo xo

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

He's getting so big!!