Thursday, January 24, 2008

Stir crazy

I am trapped! My car won't start. Do you want to know why? Because it is so flippin cold that the battery won't hold a charge. I rushed to get out the door to go house hunting w/ a tottler in tow in temps that are not close to double digits unless it is negative. I'm not talking about at night...in the middle of the day with the sun shining it is so cold that the snow that got tracked in on the landing has not melted. If we go out side our fingers get slow and stiff w/ in seconds. I had to try to connect the "jump pack" to my car and I couldn't use my gloves because...well I guess I could but I don't work well with gloves. Now I am stuck here on this frozen joke of a city that names there businesses after imaginary monsters (hodag properties, hodag lanes, hodag blah blah blah) and high fashion is an oversized hoodie! I live on a road I could probably ice skate on. Two miles of blind turn after blind turn on ice. "Oh gee" Trevor says "it sure is pretty here" Big whoopie do! It's pretty in southern California, it's pretty in Florida, it's really pretty in Arizona. Do I really want to put down roots on this ice burg? I hate being cold! I hate not being able to go grocery shopping but I bet Trev will still want a home cooked meal tonight even if I couldn't go gro...ok enough trashing Trev he just drove home to rescue me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hang in there, hang in there, hang in there! We need you up here! And the weather does get better!

love you, sue